Welcome to Inland HypnoBirthing®
Since 2006, Inland HypnoBirthing® has helped families achieve calm, comfortable pregnancies and births. HypnoBirthing®, the Mongan Method, is so much more than a birthing class. It is a comprehensive approach to pregnancy and childbirth. If your desire is an all natural birth, a medically managed birth, or something in between, HypnoBirthing® will give you all the tools you need to birth with confidence.
With HypnoBirthing® you will learn to:
- Release the day-to-day stress and achieve deep levels of relaxation
- Eliminate the fear that causes tension that leads to pain
- Reduce and often eliminate the need for painkillers and drugs
- Shorten the first phase of labor
- Help keep oxygen supplied to baby during birthing
- Reduce the need for an episiotomy
- Reduce and often eliminate fatigue during labor
- Give your birthing companion an integral role in the birthing
- Embrace the concept of pre-birth parenting
- Use breathing techniques to gently breathe your baby into the world
For most of our lives we have been inundated with negative birth stories. We have been hypnotized into believing that pain is a natural part of the birth experience. Birth need not be a painful experience for you or your baby. In the absence of fear, in the absence of special circumstances, birth can be a calm, comfortable, empowering experience.
Through this simple method of self-hypnosis, special breathing techniques, visualization and education, you learn to release the negative programming. You learn to trust that your body knows how to birth. You learn to work with your body and use your own natural birthing instincts. You will not be in a trance or a sleep state. You will be aware and in control, but completely relaxed.